Body Image survey results

Friday, July 11, 2014

The results from the body image survey that I posted a few weeks back are below.  Apologies for the poor formatting.  Before I have B, I would have put this in a sleek PowerPoint presentation.  These days, I am lucky to get the results out at all!

I have comments on the results, which I am not going to post here, but in a different post.  I also have updates to my "CrossFit causing relationship issues saga" which I will also post about separately.

Post-baby Body Image Survey Results
Thanks to everyone who took the survey!  



TRUE
FALSE





1) I was happy with my pre-baby body.
58%
42%














TRUE
FALSE





2) I am happy with my post-baby body.
26%
74%














My stomach area
 My  butt/  thigh  area
My breasts
My hair
My weight, in general
Nothing!
 Other
3) The thing that bothers me the most about my post-baby body is:
69%
5%
5%
5%
5%
0%
11%









TRUE
FALSE





4) I spend several hours a week thinking or obsessing over how my post-baby body looks.
  42%
58%














TRUE
FALSE





5) I don't feel as sexy/desirable as I did pre-baby.
79%
21%














TRUE
FALSE





6) I think I am more critical of how I look than others are of the way that I look.
95%
5%














TRUE
FALSE





7) I think that Hollywood's portrayal of how a woman should look shortly after birth is unrealistic.
100%
0%














Exercise
Eat healthy
See a therapist
Wear concealing clothing
Plastic/ cosmetic surgery
Physical therapy/ personal trainer

8) In order to feel better about my appearance I do (or have done) the following (select all that apply):
33%
33%
2%
25%
2%
5%










Yes, this is the main reason
No, this has no bearing on my decision
I am hesitant to become pregnant again, but not for this reason
This is one    of the reasons why I am hesitant to become pregnant again
I am not at all hesitant about trying to become pregnant again


9) I am hesitant to try to become pregnant again because of the physical consequences.
11%
37%
21%
26%
5%











TRUE
FALSE





10) I am jealous of other women's bodies.
89%
11%














< 20
20-25
25-30
30-35
35-40
> 40

11) How old are you?
0%
0%
11%
68%
21%
0%










One
Two
Three
Four
5 or more


12) How many kids do you have?
53%
32%
5%
10%
0%











Yes
No





13) Are you married?
100%
0%














< 3 months ago
3-6 months ago
7-12 months ago
13-24 months ago
> 24 months ago


14) When was your most recent birth experience?
5%
5%
48%
42%
0%


share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply