Each Tear

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Since getting less stressed and becoming more relaxed and less anxious has been one of my major to-dos lately, I have been listening to a lot of Reggae while at work.  Normally I listen to Sirius - The Joint and I'll have to say, I quite like it.  They have been playing a Mary J. Blige/Jah Cure song lately, Each Tear, which made me cry the first time I heard it.  This could just be because I have been a hormonal mess lately, but the song really made me think.

In each tear there's a lesson,
Makes you wiser than before
Makes you stronger than you know
In each tear
Brings you closer to your dreams...


You're much more than a struggle that you go through
You're not defined by your pain, so let it go...
You're not a victim, you're more like a winner
And you're not in defeat, you're more like a queen


Each time I catch myself feeling sorry for myself that things are working out exactly like I planned, I try to remember that this too shall pass and I'll be stronger for it in the end.  The first time I get to hold my baby in my arms, all of this struggle will have been worth it.

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply