20 weeks

Monday, November 26, 2012

I can't believe that I am writing a post that is titled, "20 weeks".  Is it really possible?  The reality of everything is continuing to creep in.  I don't really have a big long post to write at this time, so I am going to share some bullets.

  • My Thanksgiving went well.  We traveled out of state for the day to visit my husband's relatives.  It was the first time in three years that we had been there so it was nice to catch up.  This was also the first time that most of those relatives found out that we are expecting.  Most of them were very excited for us.  Some of them were pissed that we had not divulged the info on FB (ummmm yeah if they only knew).  Some of them had comments about my appearance (i.e. "Wow you are showing a lot for only 20 weeks"...how nice).  Others asked question after question regarding things like the sex and such.  We managed to stay quiet about that.  Overall the food was good and it was great seeing everyone. 
  • I unexpectedly met my high school best friend for coffee on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  We were inseparable in high school.  We lost touch for a while during college and then picked up where we left off several years back when she moved near me.  She has since moved away and we hadn't really spoken much in about a year and a half.  It was awesome to see her.  We always seem to pick right where we left off.  I shared my news with her (she knew about 2 of the miscarriages) and then she shared her news with me.  She is also pregnant and due in April, exactly 2 weeks behind me.  I found out that they conceived on their first month NTNP.  That stung a little, but it was hard to not be happy for her.  She was thrilled and so excited to find out that we are due within weeks of each other.  I am excited to have a new preggo buddy to share stuff with.  
  • Speaking of getting in touch with long lost friends...  I got in touch with my BFF from my home state via FB.  I hadn't talked to her in years (since 2009, at least).  I found out that she recently had a baby and I wanted to send her my congrats.  I had sent her an email in the thick of my miscarriages that she never responded to.  Apparently she didn't use that email much, but read the whole thing after I mentioned it and responded in an unexpected way.  She, too, had fertility issues.  She wasn't ovulating on her own and had to take Clomid and had low progesterone.  She suffered an early miscarriage before getting pregnant with her son.  Is it crazy that I am even happier for her knowing that she had problems, like me?   
  • On the pregnancy front, I am feeling good. physically.  Last week I went to the gym 2 times and walked outside 2 times for about 40-45 minutes, plus a few days I walked 20-30 minutes.  I have started to feel stronger movement in there, but still nothing very regular.  I feel him more in the mornings at work and in the evenings after I eat.  I still use the Doppler every few days or so.  This baby likes to move a lot.  I normally would find him to the left of my belly button, but last night I found him to the lower right.  He gave me a little scare.  My symptoms are mostly hunger (all the time), itchy belly (using B.io O.il religiously, twice daily), vivid dreams (EVERY night), occasional RLP, peeing a lot (at the gym I had to get off the treadmill twice to go), and some discharge (although much less since I seem to have cured the yeast infection).  As you might have guessed from the comment I mentioned in the first bullet, I look pregnant now.  No more hiding it.  My next OB appointment is 12/11.  Mentally, I am doing better.  We finally DTD the other night.  It was a little awkward, but I lived to tell the tale.  ;)
  • I have started thinking about registering, although I am still nervous to do that.  Everyone has an opinion on what you need and don't need so it is tough to know what to register for.  I bought some paint samples this past weekend and hope to get to that next weekend (??).  We also, apparently, need to start looking at baby furniture because I guess it can take weeks to come in.  The things you learn...  Oh and we got a cute gift from MIL.  Our first baby clothes!  Seems very surreal.
  • My husband is in the process of putting down new bamboo floors in the dining room, living room, and entry way.  I am so excited!!!
I hope everyone had a nice and relaxing holiday!  I can't believe that Christmas/New Years are just around the corner!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
10 Comments »

10 Responses to “20 weeks”

  1. 20 weeks already!!? Yes! one semester down! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 20 weeks! I hope, with every day, it's beginning to sink in that Baby is real and will be coming home with you in 20 weeks or so. And those little outfits? Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little outfits! Can't wait to see them 20 weeks from now with a little one filling them up. It's great that you reconnected with your old friends and could learn a little more about their struggles (or lack thereof ...). I'm so glad too you're feeling better mentally and physically and hope it keeps up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! That's a big milestone. Can't wait till I get there.
    Glad you DTD ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Melis (blogger seems to be eating your comments lately!)-

    Congratulations on 20 weeks! So, so happy for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 20 weeks, that's awesome! Where is your bump pic???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to add a new one! My last one is on my pics page from 18 weeks. I'll see if hubby will take one this weekend. :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had a great holiday weekend! And 20 weeks already...wow! We need a bump pic :)

    ReplyDelete