Paleo Challenge Day #6

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Still catching up!!

Monday, 1/6/14...

Food
Breakfast
Paleo pumpkin pancakes with turkey sausage, leftover apple/pear crisp, blackberries and blueberries

Snack
Mixed dry roasted nuts

Lunch
Leftover carrots, butternut squash, parsnips and onions with steamed green beans and grilled chicken

Snack
orange, raw snow peas, 2 Steve’s grassfed spinach paleo sticks

Snack
Sunflower seeds, 2 pickles

Dinner
Veggie and turkey chili (This is my special creation!  I will post a recipe soon)

Snack
Paleo banana bread (sugar-detox)

Looks just like the real thing, but tastes better!

Exercise
Went to Crossfit and did "Fran", which consisted of 21-15-9: thrusters and pull-ups.  I was proud of myself that, despite being scared to death, I did the thusters with 30 lbs instead of 25.  The 5 lbs doesn't seem like a ton of extra weight, I know, but when you are "sprinting" to do 21 in a row, it gets really heavy, really quick.  I used the green band for the pull-ups (which is easier than purple) instead of purple because I knew we had to do 21 in a row.  It was a good choice.  That was a killer!

As if that wasn't punishment enough, after I put the baby to bed when I got home, I ran 3 miles on the treadmill.  I feel like I am in such a great place with running right now that I don't want to stop the momentum.  The beginning of the run was not fun and very slow, but towards the end, I ramped up the pace and finished strong.  Thank you Spotify for supplying me with a great 90s playlist!

Life
My boob feels back to normal, however the bleb (milk blister) is still there and it still hurts.  I am wondering when this will go away.  I feel like I have had it forever!  B did something cool and started waving back when waved to.  It was crazy that he just did it one time when my husband was waving to him.  He is growing up so fast!  Work is a crazy storm right now.  I am in the process of training an entire staff on a new system that I helped to build and test.  Needless to say, I don't have very much time to do anything other than work, parent, eat, and exercise.

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply