Ramblings during 2ww - 6dpo

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Just twiddling my thumbs over here (ok actually I am taking a lunch break from my workday which has turned out to be quite hectic) and waiting for next Friday when I am supposed to get my period.  So far I have no symptoms other than fatigue, but I am always tired.  It doesn't matter how much or how little sleep I get, I am still always tired. 

During the 2ww I usually prescribe to the same things...over-analyzing every twinge in my body, not taking any advil, not eating anything that might be considered "bad" if I were to actually become pregnant, and not using any products like salycilic acid.   For some reason, I also always cut back on my exercise.  Not sure if this is subconscious or not.  Normally, I work out 5-6 days a week.  During the 2ww I usually only work out 3-4 times.  I also find that during the 2ww (pregnant cycles and non-pregnant cycles alike), my workouts become twice as hard.  Last night I decided to run 3 miles at a slow pace and then do the stairmaster for 15 minutes.  The 3 mile run, done at about a 9 minute pace totally exhausted me.  Normally, or should I say lately, I have been ok at an 8:30 to 8:15 pace.  I was dripping sweat afterwards.  I rarely sweat during a run unless it is 90 degrees and sunny out at any other time of my cycle.  The stairmaster experience was even worse.  Buckets of sweat.  So what gives?  Is it all in my head?  Thankfully, I am starting my holistic program on July 9.  I am definitely going to ask them this question and whether they think this is all in my head. 

Speaking of the program, I got my syllabus for the program today and spoke with the coordinator over the phone who scheduled me for a formal "intake" appointment.  I have a whole big packet of forms to fill out, which I guess will help guide the program coordinators on the best ways to go about helping me as part of the program. 

In our first group meeting on the 9th, we are doing the following:

  • Introduction of peer counselor
  • Introduction of group members
  • Explanation of mechanics of the program
  • Relationship between stress and infertility
  • Side effects and consequences of stress
  • Introduction to relaxation techniques
  • Assignment of buddy

The rest of the syllabus looks very interesting.  I'll update on the rest of the contents as the course unfolds.  I am really looking forward to it.  Anything that I can look forward to right now, helps me.  One blog entry that I read on the website where I get my fertility meds, stated that infertility patients live there lives in cycles, and usually 2 week increments (follicular phase/luteal phase).  This is so true.  I live my life an plan around ovulation.  Sigh.  Hopefully this program can whip me into shape, help me get pregnant, and fix my 2ww workout issues!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
8 Comments »

8 Responses to “Ramblings during 2ww - 6dpo”

  1. I usually have more energy after ovulation, I guess everyone is different. Good for you for the running though, it might take me a few days to run 3 miles.

    Your course sounds fabulous and I can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa easy commenting, thank you. I really love your blog and writing style by the way. I am sooo hoping that this is our cycle and we can go through scary pregnancy together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I love your blog too. It helps that I can totally relate! :) How nice would that be to get pregnant on this cycle?! How even nicer would it be if those were healthy embryos!!?

      Delete
  3. I'm also 6 wks DPO today... and also absolutely exhausted, having mood swings, and peeing frequently. But before implantation, I don't think these could be pregnancy symptoms, right? I think it's just my being tuned in to it, and it's super hot outside, and I'm trying to drink more water. Everything just seems so much more pronounced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay another cycle buddy! In the last cycle that I got a BFP, I had zero symptoms except what I thought was PMS. I usually have more preggo symptoms when I am not pregnant. What the heck?!

      Delete
  4. Excited to hear more about your course...that's definitely true about cycles at least lol! Your cut back on exercise shames me tho, I am lucky to do your slow weeks on a good week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you. I must admit though that I admire your grit. Although you are exhausted you're still determined to get out there and run. Can't wait until I'm doing 9 min. miles again! The holistic program sounds interesting ... look forward to learning more. I'm an herbalist at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best part about getting my period is putting an end to the 2ww. Hate 'em. Here's hoping yours ends in a happier way though ....

    ReplyDelete